This review is written mainly for self-reflection. But publishing in the case others can find value in my self-notes.
I walked into 2016 with no expectations. Mainly because I was a new parent and was so unsure of what the year would bring.
With no expectations, 2016 was full of positive surprises.
A few professional highlights:
- Working on this project – ‘Uber Lets You Hail A Helicopter for in Brazil for $63’
- Being part of the first code bootcamp held at an HBCU
- Speaking at TechInclusion 2016
- Doubling the HBCU to Startup Community and Team
- I’m most productive when I’ve taken care of myself (work out, eat well, sleep)
- It’s a worthy investment (time and money) to take care of yourself (weekly meal planning to eat well, keeping kid on schedule to get sleep at night, look good/feel good)
- Ask for help. Be specific when asking for help.
Too many. Most from enjoying Mads’ first year.
I could’ve done the below better:
- Better separation of family and work. I often felt guilt when I was doing one, because I felt I was lacking in the other.
- Self care on 100. Why? Everything else falls in order when I am well.
Reminder to self –
If you are in a slump – here’s your checklist
- Tell partner how you feel
- Be gentle. Baby steps
- Take a shower
- Have some tea
- Go for a run or walk if you can make it out of the house. If not, 7min workout
Can’t sleep due to anxiety checklist
- Put down the phone
- Start writing